[TowerTalk] 90 degree coax bend atop a crankup tower

Larry Loen lwloen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:28:22 EDT 2015

I have had about three years no problem in this situation.

What I did was to add an ordinary 90 degree galvanized angle bracket  (but
one that provided a little rounding) and put on a few cable ties on the top
and on the immediate down side for a little stress relief.  It seems to me
the only real issue is right at the bend and taking the stress off of it.
So far so good.  Mine might not even have screw holes in it, I forget. But,
I got it at the regular hardware store and it was just about as wide
(though flat) as the coax.  Put the bracket through the first cable "guide"
where it dropped.

WO7R