[TowerTalk] burying cable

William Hein bill.aa7xt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 19:23:48 EDT 2015

As I sweat through digging (with a trencher and by hand) trenches putting
Commscope AVA7-50 hardline (eBay deal) and control lines from the shack to
a couple of towers here I mused on whether or not frost line has an
application to burying coax cable and low voltage control lines.

I get why one buries water pipes below the frost line as well as house
foundations, by why radio cables? Is frost heave an issue for cables if one
has some slack on either line of the line?

73

Bill AA7XXT
Glade Park CO
DM59pa