[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: SteppIR

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 1 12:31:44 EST 2015

On Sun,3/1/2015 2:40 AM, Ian White wrote:
> in its short lifetime this modified antenna
> has already worked 100 countries on 6m (with no help from F2) and a few
> moonbounce QSOs as well.

I'm pretty happy with my SteppIR on 6M, and based on land and
topographic constraints, it would be extremely expensive for me to do
anything better. I've considered, for example, one of the very nice M2
or Innovantenna Yagis, but I have no place to put it.

DXCC is MUCH MUCH easier on 6M from EU and around the Atlantic basin
than it is from W6. I'm pretty active on 6M, my SteppIR is my 6M
antenna, and I'm thrilled to have 15 countries, 45 US states, 7 VE
provinces, and 321 grids confirmed in six seasons. And that's with 500
watts.

73, Jim K9YC