[TowerTalk] Installing DB36 atop 75ft guyed tower?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri May 8 07:18:19 EDT 2015

With only my XYL's help I have installed much larger antennas by pulling
them straight up the tower using pulleys and my SUV. I either pull the
antenna away from the guys or when that is not feasible I temporarily drop
a single set of guys.  It is very simple and in my opinion having 30-40'
of freestanding tower above the guy is safe. I reattach the guys before
climbing to bolt the antenna. You can also tram it but depending on how
high your top guy is you still may have some interference.

John KK9A