[TowerTalk] Installing DB36 atop 75ft guyed tower?

Mike Reublin NF4L nf4l at comcast.net
Fri May 8 07:48:34 EDT 2015

Jim -

I recently took down my 90' guyed tower and 4L SteppIR and installed a crank-up tilt-over. Here's why.

I don't climb and it's hard/expensive to hire a climber and a crane. I had to take the SteppIR down multiple times for repairs to the EHUs.

I built a hinged mount that keeps the antenna horizontal as the tower (a used HG-70HD) is tilted and erected. I can have the antennas and rotor at a comfortable working position on the ground in half an hour, alone, and safely.

More expensive than a guyed tower, but to me, worth every cent.

73, Mike NF4L