[TowerTalk] Clamp on thrust bearing

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Sun Nov 1 10:46:42 EST 2015

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

<SNIP>
You might try loosening the Yagi mounting clamps and let them slide down
the mast to the top of the tower. Then slide the mast up using a gin pole
until you can insert the bearing. Then let the mast down and re-mount the
beams. I think you will be much happier with a proper bearing.

<Snip>

Let's think about that........ You slide the yagi down to the top of the tower. Then raise the mast to insert the new bearing.
This would mean the mast AND yagi would be above the top of the tower. What would support the mast and yagi while the mast is out of the tower??? Nope, don't think so.

I like the idea of raising the mast out of the rotor just enough so you can place the bearing on the bottom of top plate. It would be easier to keep the mast braced vertical while doing it.... not to mention stable.

Just my $.02 worth.

K9WN Jake