[TowerTalk] Buryflex Conector Help

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Fri Nov 6 00:19:01 EST 2015

All:

Davis RF Buryflex cable is a great product, but I'm finding it difficult
to get the center conductor inside the connector pin without fraying the
stranded wire. I'm using a coax prep tool and keeping the center
conductor from becoming deformed, but it seems the connector that Davis
RF recommends (RFU-507-SI) needs more chamfering on the pin to help
prevent this problem.

I was thinking about tinning the tip of center conductor and then
grinding it to a point with Dremel tool or maybe using a drill bit to
add more chamfer to the pin.

Maybe there's a connector out there that's easier to install? Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
73, Tony