[TowerTalk] Buryflex Conector Help

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 6 00:42:45 EST 2015

On Thu,11/5/2015 9:19 PM, Tony wrote:
> Davis RF Buryflex cable is a great product, but I'm finding it
> difficult to get the center conductor inside the connector pin without
> fraying the stranded wire.

Last month, I made up a couple of dozen 2 ft - 6 ft cables to replace
all the patching in my station. I used Buryflex and Amphenol 83-1SP
connectors. I used my RG8/11/213 simple twist-action prep tool to strip
the cable, then carefully twisted the center conductor, verified that it
fit through the center pin, then tinned it and made sure that it still fit.

The strip tool is carefully adjusted so that it does not compromise the
stranded center conductor. That was a tricky adjustment that I did
several years ago. That was a total of 40+ connectors, and only once did
I have to cut the cable and re-strip it because I hadn't twisted it
carefully enough.

73, Jim K9YC