[TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:51:03 EDT 2015

* but any good dipole has a null off the end, so you really need two at
right angles to work both S and W.  With dipoles, the only thing that
really matters is the nulls off the ends.**
*
> ***
> **73, Jim K9YC *

Can't the end null of dipoles be mitigated by putting up the dipole in a
slight 120 degree V configuration.  Although I have never seen this
modeled for HF,  I understand this is how broadcast FM antennas are
designed to get an omni directional pattern. The same concept should
work at HF as well. Right?

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ