[TowerTalk] 160 and 80m in one support/mast...

Douglas Ruz (CO8DM) co8dm at frcuba.co.cu
Tue Oct 6 22:48:11 EDT 2015

Hello TTers,

We are planning work during next CQWW SSB contest.

We install all antennas very close of the atlantic ocean...it is a great place with clear path to EU and NA.

Our main problem is low bands, mainly 160 and 80m...we have only one aluminum mast for that bands, it is about 15m (45 ft) high.

what kind of antenna or antennas (maybe one for each band) we can install ???

I have been thinking about an Inv L for 160m and vertical for 80m with a piece of wire on top as a capacitive hat.

I would like hear some ideas. We need something simple as possible.

Thanks !!!,

73....Douglas, CO8DM
T48K Contest Team

"No creo que haya alguna emoción más intensa para un inventor que ver alguna de sus creaciones funcionando. Esa emoción hace que uno se olvide de comer, de dormir, de todo." - Nikola Tesla