[TowerTalk] 40 metres yagi - Your advice matters

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 03:25:23 EDT 2015

Hi Luciano,

When I decided it was time for a tower + yagi, one of my specifications was for rotatable gain on 40m. I found a used Force12 C-4XL that is a C3 + EF240 on a 30' boom. While 20-10m uses full length elements, 40m is linear loaded. It went together easily and tuning was fairly easy (previous owner made a change that didn't work). It has been up several years now, with zero problems. I like that there are no lumped inductors or traps to burn up. My non-scientific evaluation says it seems to have good directivity and gain.

If you go with a bigger yagi, I believe you will quickly run into mechanical issues to overcome. As we say in drag racing, "the faster you go, the harder it is to go faster".

vy 73 es gl,
Bryan WA7PRChttp://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower