[TowerTalk] Guying a vertical...???

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 02:38:43 EDT 2015

I use DOUBLE-BRAIDED Nylon rope because, as I said, it stretches a lot less.Other materials constructed the same would behave similarly (the material is only ONE factor. The most "stretchy" construction is twisted.  The next most "stretchy" construction is single-braided.
I've used it to support everything from heavy wire antennas (80m cage Inverted Vee plus 40m dipole on one 1/4" OD cord) to a 20m half wavelength vertical (guyed at two points using 1/8" OD cord). It has worked fine for four decades.
vy 73 es gl,
Bryan WA7PRC