[TowerTalk] Fwd: weather station on tower?

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Tue Sep 1 08:39:57 EDT 2015

Dave,

I believe that the "standard" require the wind to be measured at a 10 meter elevation and the meter be surrounded by an open field. Your site would be OK. Mine is not with all the surrounding trees.

There are several formulas how to "correct" a wind reading on other heights but the knowledge I received (about 100 years ago) must have changed as I didn't recognized it when i saw it last.

Hans - N2JFS