[TowerTalk] DX Engineering

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Sep 5 23:16:24 EDT 2015

Everyone has a bad day now and then.  I even remember making a mistake
one time, but as my wife can attest, I'm always in a good mood
<cough><cough>  I've even been known to get a bit "wordy" at times.

In general, I've found DX Engineering a pleasant company to do business
with.   I think some of their products are over priced,but I often
purchase items from them so I don't need to spend hours looking for
hardware and looking up ratings.  I'm willing to pay a bit more for that
service,  I admit it. I'm lazy at times!

Of course, when they receive a call from someone with their nose out of
joint and in serious need of a strong cathartic, it's probably difficult
not to reply in kind. I just hope I don't get someone who is just
filling in.

OTOH As a project manager, I've had team members who were great workers
that should never be allowed to deal with the public, or customers.<:-)

BTW, I like crimpers as well.  I like 8X too. It'll take the legal limit
feeding a 40 meter, sloping dipole as long as the SWR isn't too high. It
also has a lot less wind resistance.

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 9/5/2015 8:24 PM, Scott Souva wrote:
> The RF Industries RFA-4005 crimper and the RFA4005-01 5-cavity die set
> make excellent RG-8X connectors. These tools are handy when you are on
> a high roof (or on a tower) and don't have a soldering iron handy.
>
> Back on topic... I am a big fan of DX Engineering and frequently
> purchase from them.
>
> 73,
>
> Scott, KG2S

---