[TowerTalk] re Grinding hole in thick steel plate?

Raymond Benny rayn6vr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 16:13:19 EDT 2015

Rich,

Try Harbor Freight - 25,000 RPM grinder.
http://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-43-amp-heavy-duty-long-shaft-die-grinder-60656.html
 or

http://www.harborfreight.com/electric-die-grinder-with-long-shaft-44141.html
Seems they have two SKU's for this grinder???

I borrowed one from Bud, N7CW and I was able to elongate my holes very
easily. I forget what grinding tool I used, but with the right tool, 8
holes took less that 15 minutes.

Instead of purchasing one, you might call Home Depot and see if they rent
them.

GL,

Ray,
N6VR