[TowerTalk] Pulleys

Mike Reublin NF4L nf4l at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 20:35:32 EDT 2015

I found a couple of bad pulleys today on my HG70-HD. On one the bearing has visible cracks around it in a regular pattern, on another the bearing is completely gone. Still have 2 to check. I had bought replacements from McMaster-Carr a bit over a year ago. They are steel and the bearing is fairly thin.. I had one used pulley in my junk box which has a much thicker bearing, not sure if it was an original.

ANYhoo, I need a source for new pulleys, and a reason to the failure of these two.

73, Mike NF4L