[TowerTalk] Coax Stubs for SO2R

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Sep 10 17:23:42 EDT 2015

Hi Matt and thanks.

I have a number of small, low antennas, and I have swapped antennas and rigs
around. Also tried 20m>10m

It must be something in the shack or house. (even at the 1watt level.)  I
even tried unplugging the computer as

both rigs are connected to the computer and run by N1MM...but that didn't
work either.

Stumped (but not giving up just yet)

Took the day off work tomorrow to devote a little time to this and also
getting ready for the contests this weekend.

VE9AA-Mike

======================

Mike,

Would it be hard to unplug the HB9V at the antenna and place a dummy load

there instead of the antenna?   Transmit on 40m and see if you are getting

any interference.   My thought is that this might be a quick way to rule out

other paths.  If you do hear the interference, then perhaps move the dummy

load progressively towards the transmitter at each coax connection, and see

if it goes away.  If you get all the way to the transmitter and still have

an issue, then you will know if the stub is even acting on the path of

interference.

BTW, might also be interesting to swap transmitter & receiver to see if it

might be something awry in one of the rigs.

Hope this info helps and please keep us up to date on what you learn.

Matt

KM5VI

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB