[TowerTalk] Grinding hole in thick steel plate?

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Sep 8 23:26:43 EDT 2015

The new technology is really something.  Water cutting fine enough to
cut gears and the electronic arc, under kerosene I believe.  That must
be quite a modern shop to have that equipment.   HOWEVER there have been
so many shops go under since 2008 that a lot of equipment was sold for
pennies on the dollar.  Prices are coming back up, slowly.

BTW:  I have a 2200 PSI pressure washer that requires care in using.
You can cut 2 X 4s with it, but they are pretty ragged.<:-)

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 9/8/2015 5:54 PM, Rich Hallman - N7TR wrote:
> The company I found locally has a water jet set up and If I reshaped the hole there was too much metal gone for my comfort.   We could have welded in the holes...but after discussion we decided to start over and it will be perfect this time. And half the cost of the original job!
>
> The water jet system is quite the machine!!
>
> Thanks...
> Rich
<snip>

---