[TowerTalk] Anyone using spiderbeam for 40m?

ve4xt at mymts.net ve4xt at mymts.net
Wed Sep 9 11:38:32 EDT 2015

Based on a design I found online, and reverse-engineering for some omitted dimensions, it appears you would need the corners of the hex to be 21 feet out from the mast. Since they gain strength from the tensioning provided by bent spreaders, the arms would then need to be, what, 26 feet long?

Is there value in trying to engineer something in two dimensions instead of three?

The 40m hex has been done. I googled 40m hex beam and found several pages.

Done well, it should be plenty sturdy. Seems the poles Patrick referenced might be ideal.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPad