[TowerTalk] [WARNING: A/V UNSCANNABLE]Teflon 50-ohm coax

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Fri Sep 11 12:39:09 EDT 2015

Also consider RG-400 in lieu of RG-142.  It's the same outer diameter as
RG-58 and RG-142, and uses a double-silver braid with copper/silver inner
conductor.  All inside shack cabling here is RG-400.  With some diligence,
it can often be found at reasonable prices.

Someone mentioned RG-316.  That's of the same Teflon/Silver quality as
RG-142 but is more akin to RG-174 in terms of diameter and loss.  I use it
for short receive jumpers and for distributing a 10 MHz reference oscillator
around the shack.

Paul, W9AC