[TowerTalk] relays for remote ladder line switch

dw bw_dw at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 15 22:24:02 EDT 2015

Hi Rik,
Years ago, I had a box outside with a electromagnetically actuated
stepper switch made by Ledex.
A rotary step relay.
It physically turned a 4-bank double-pole wafer switch network, 9
positions.
I had 9 different LC networks setup inside the box, tuned for different
bands.
The stepper had an additional signal line for it to step to home
position.
It would step by a 12 volt DC pulse.
I programmed a PIC to control it so I could select a given band.
The PIC was connected to an ICOM-706's, band-voltage output, in order to
monitor the band the rig was on.
When I would change to a different band, the PIC would send the rotary
switch to home position and then step it to the correct band-position.
You might look into a rotary switch as a possible solution.

You can see this type of switch at Surplus Sales of Nebraska.
http://www.surplussales.com/switches/SWLedex-1.html
Sounds like a fun project!!
N1BBR :-]