[TowerTalk] frustrating rain and connections... update

Charles Farr cefarr at hughes.net
Wed Apr 13 13:30:06 EDT 2016

I have noted similar changes on my KT-34XA. I've heard that on these
antennas that water gets into the capacitors on the elements, causing
the tuning to change. It doesn't last very long after the rain stops.
Just something I live with when it happens. SWR that is normally 1.5:1
or less rises to 2 - 2.5. I also experience a lot of precipitation
static when it rains, snows, etc. I've also heard these effects are less
on yagi antennas of "plumber's delight" construction. Just observations,
no real tests, or science.

73
Chuck, W6AJW