[TowerTalk] frustrating rain and connections... update

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 13 20:32:40 EDT 2016

Dielectric loading can have profound affects. I wondered if it could be
that early on in the thread, but I've never experienced it (that I know
of) in rain. However, it takes very little ice to detune my KT-34A. My
40-CD2 is less sensitive, but is certainly affected. My 80 M inverted V
is unaffected by rain, but 1/4" of ice really moved it's resonant
frequency down a lot. All antennas feed impedance is also altered even
at resonance, so it's not merely a change in resonant frequency.

Kim N5OP