[TowerTalk] Rotator Choice for Larger Yagi

Jerry Gardner jerryw6uv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:00:22 EDT 2016

Hi Tower Talkers

I'm planning to replace the TH-7DX on my tower with an Optibeam OB17-4,
which is a much larger antenna. I'm now looking at my options with regard
to rotators beefy enough to handle this antenna (~27 sq. ft. wind area).

Which of these would be sufficient to handle an OB17-4? Alfaspid RAK (the
rotator currently on the tower), an Alfaspid Big RAK, or a Prosistel PST61.
I don't need a controller as I already have a Green Heron RT-21.

Thanks,
Jerry