[TowerTalk] Rotator Choice for Larger Yagi

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 26 10:06:27 EDT 2016

Jim,

Thanks for the great advice.

I have the OR2800, with controller box, purchased from M2 in 2006.  Bought the 4el 40 meter beam (two driver elements for broad band coverage) at the same time and was told it would work fine with the rotator.  Installation was postponed in 2007 when I had one stent and  triple-bypass open heart surgery.  Both are still in factory wrappings.

As the years have passed, I am now ready to put this up on top of my 150 foot guyed Rohn 45 tower.  It has a Norm's star guy bracket at 140 feet.  But stories of mast slippage have left me without a solution.

Now to plan that installation!  It has to be done before my 75th birthday next January, or I likely will not be able to help on the tower.  Here are some photos of the last time I put the top antenna up (Force 12 C4-XL).
http://www.dutson.net/Ham/AntennaFarm/AntennaParty20050917.html

73, Keith NM5G