[TowerTalk] Pretension an antenna.

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Aug 12 05:29:37 EDT 2016

I purchased a simple device at the local hardware store. Simple and
cheap. It's just a pair oe metal pieces mounted on a flat plate.  You
put the line/rope to the end of the antenna between the two pieces,
press them against the rope and pull. The harder you pull the tighter it
grips.  I use a simple winch to pull on that clamp and tie the rope off
on what ever is desired.  I've forgotten the name of the device, but
they are often used to pretension guy lines before installing the "Big
Grips".

73

Roger (K8RI)

---