[TowerTalk] Prosistel rotators (was control box problem)

Steve NR4M steve at nr4m.com
Mon Aug 15 12:20:02 EDT 2016

Hi Jim,

It is mechanically strong. This model, at least.  If there was good
shaft sealing and no water intrusion, I think it would be fine.  Pots
don't often fail and I have already figured out a fix for the poor motor
sealing.  And, I have about $2400 in it.

And, I guess I like a challenge.

(Sending you a couple of pics from my phone.)

73 de Steve, NR4M

On 8/15/2016 11:51, Jim Brown wrote:
> On Mon,8/15/2016 8:06 AM, Steve NR4M wrote:
>> The manufacturing quality was pitiful.
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for sharing. Your excellent narrative makes it far more
> valuable than "lousy rotator."
>
> Just curious though. Since the quality and design are so bad, why
> waste time on the rebuild? Why not just replace it with something better?
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

73 de Steve, NR4M