[TowerTalk] 6 mtr quad

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:42:40 EDT 2016

Instead of a quad I built a delta loop version which required only two
aluminum spreaders per element and a connecting wire on top for each
element.  Every V spreader was attached to the boom with conventional
"U" clamps and the driven element was gamma matched.  I haven't seen
such a design written up since the 60's for reasons unknown.  The
antenna was only 6 elements but worked well.  I had wanted to get as
much top loading as possible for my tower as it was shunt fed on 160
meters, something that fiberglass spreaders won't do.