[TowerTalk] Stepir Repair

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 5 07:00:41 EST 2016

I wouldn’t put that many moving parts and fiberglass material in such a difficult location.
You don’t need spectacular performance, so I’d go for the most durable solution with the fewest things to fail.
There’s lots of experience re wind survival here on the group and I’m sure they would be glad to share.
A Tennadyne, maybe six or eight elements would do what you really need.
Perhaps they would be willing to beef up the elements a bit?
If you could assure maintenance of fatigue life, welding the joints would be nice.
It’s a radical idea, but some study of performance might show that a lower installation would accomplish your objectives with less maintenance liability.
The first step would be deciding to whom you want to talk.  If it’s all a cover for DXing, that’s another matter....
Out on a limb, as usual,
WL