[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Fwd: where the condensation comes from

Tom_N2SR tom_n2sr at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 14:42:30 EST 2016

 One could rent a tank of nitrogen from their local gas supplier.  Purchase (or rent) a reduction control valve (they typically have two pressure gauges, one for the tank supply, and one for the lower pressure output).  Run a small hose from the gauge to the conduit, and seal the ends of the conduit.  Once the nitrogen floods the conduit, it only takes a few psi to maintain it.  When the tank goes empty, replace it.
Nitrogen is a cheap gas.  It shouldn't cost that much to rent a tank.
Dry nitrogen is used in aerospace testing all the time.   We use it to drive out air from thermal cycling chambers, which are used to cycle units to extreme temperatures.
Tom, N2SR