[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Vertical Antennas near salt-water

Mike Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 3 17:55:58 EST 2016

There has been a ton of talk on this subject. I myself live on a salt water
canal in Florida and have tried various vertical antennas over the salt
water, aside it, next to it, etc.  There is so much MISINFORMATION and
downright speculation based on wrong assumptions, guesswork, and the like.
Someone did a great article on the subject who was in fact a contester.
(Should that be spelled contestor, or contestee? ..you decide)  At any rate,
if you read article which can be opened from the link I have attached, play
close attention to the paragraph that reads
" ... often incorrect assumptions about verticals: ".  This is enlightening
but the information is based on success or failure in the field and not
supposition which in my OPINION counts for something!  -Mike

Subject: verticals

http://www.k2kw.com/verticals/learning.html