[TowerTalk] Verticals and well pipe grounding

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Feb 8 03:01:37 EST 2016

It happened to my neighbor and he doesn't use the well for an antenna
ground, he's not a ham
He's just a bit over 200 feet from my 100' tower with the array (then)
exte4ndind another 30 feet.
It was a massive strike or strikes that had multiple hits at the same
time.  They hit within about a180 arc
from my tower and a couple were about a 100 feet distance

One hit the pole (transformer) in front of his house.  They had a major
loss that was almost all major
appliances including TV, hot water heater, and that well, yet that
strike(s) apparently ignored my tower
with the massive ground system.

73,

Roger (K8RI)