[TowerTalk] Participating in a contest for the sake of dx?

dw bw_dw at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 9 19:55:42 EST 2016

I have heard DX mentors suggest that contests are high potential events
for snagging some dx that wouldn't otherwise be so readily available.

But I'm not sure how the contest people would feel about that?

If ham-1 (a contest ham who will be submitting his log) makes a contact
with ham-2
(a dx chaser who won't be submitting his log) does the absence of
ham-2's log
disqualify ham-1's contact with ham-2, resulting in lowering his score?

If it works that way, I would anticipate the serious contest hams would
be a little miffed
at people who use the occasion to simply add contacts to their personal
log book.

But perhaps I'm mistaken?
 Bw_dw at fastmail.net