[TowerTalk] FYI: for owners of 15M6-125 yagis

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Sun Feb 14 09:48:16 EST 2016

I purchased two of these recently for a good price – both in what seemed to be great shape... I’m converting them to 15M6DX’s ... will be range testing the conversion soon using a hex-copter and a extreme light weight dipole/XG3 exciter ... anyway in rebuilding this antenna I found that where the boom sections come together, the swaged ends now have ‘slots’ where the bolt goes through! I’ll drill 2 new holes the proper diameter and then add heavy duty rivets to help ensure this doesn’t happen again. Only one of the 2 that I have has this – they were taken down from a stack so I can only guess that it doesn’t happen always or maybe the top antenna in that previous installation was the one that developed slots.

Gary
K9RX