[TowerTalk] Force 12 loading coils

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 10:11:32 EST 2016

I have a EF-180C (86' element lengths) and replaced the linear loading
with loading coils, almost exactly the way VE6WZ did his. The coils are
located at the fiberglass insulator where the linear loading was
attached. I tuned the antenna+coils for 3775 kHz, and use
relay-switchable center loading coils to move resonance down to 3535 kHz.

It's been up for 1.5 years. Works very well, both mechanically and
electrically. It is located about 5 feet above a M2 40M4LLDD, and at
right angles to the 40 meter beam. I didn't want to risk any interaction
with the 40.

73,
Steve, N2IC