[TowerTalk] UFER Ground

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 06:46:16 EST 2016

I need some advice regarding what to do in a new construction before concrete is poured.

It is a small house that will be elevated about 8.5 feet on concrete columns.  Floor (8.5 feet above ground) will be concrete slab, exterior walls will be concrete blocks, filled with concrete. The blocks and slab will, of course have rebar.  However, the local resources to do exothermic welding "may" be limited or unavailable.  Roof will be standing seam aluminum roof.  Radio will be located in the house 8.5 feet above ground against an outside wall.

I thought perhaps running a heavy wire through the center of concrete blocks and through a column form to a driven ground rod at bottom of the hole for column would be good enough.  Looking for confirmation of whether that's good, and if so, what would be better and best?

Not wanting to spend a lot of money but do want to do something before the concrete is poured.

Thanks... Stan, K5GO