[TowerTalk] Rohn Bolts AND nuts - won't mate

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Jan 27 12:45:35 EST 2016

That is a characteristic of "Dimpled" nuts.  When the dimple is reached
it takes considerably more torque to go beyond that point.  The "nut" is
deformed at that point and has a slightly smaller diameter at those 3
points. The goal is to make the nut so tight that is can't come off, but
more than 3 spots would make the nut far too tight to get on with out
the required torque damaging the bolt. It works well with large bolts
that can stand some damage to the threads, but seems inappropriate for
galvanized tower bolts. (Just my opinion)

73

Roger (K8RI)