[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: I think it might be worth investing in a guy wire tension gauge

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 28 01:07:53 EST 2016

Good idea, however, it is specified for a 5/32 max wire diameter. IIRC
that is less than 3/16 or 1/4" EHS that is used for tower guys.  Then
the not so small matter it is designed for 1x19 stainless steel wire
rope, not 1x7 EHS guy wire.

A model with 3/16 to 9/32 wire capacity is the Loos 90 Model B, again
for 1x19 sailboat rigging.  With the substantial flexibility difference
between these rope constructions it will need to be calibrated with a
dynamometer tension gauge for the EHS being measured.  Otherwise the
readings are only relative, which is useful.

available at West Marine and
http://www.shopsoundboatworks.com/losttega5mm7.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=losttega5mm7&gclid=CNz8zcXny8oCFUhcfgod_JIL4A

Grant KZ1W