[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: I think it might be worth investing in a guy wire tension gauge

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Thu Jan 28 09:04:23 EST 2016

Of course at low tensions the difference is large. As you tighten the
cable, the cable stiffness becomes less of an influence.

I'm looking at the chart for my Penn-Tech TM-800. For the wire sizes
where it give both 1x7 and 1x19 conversion factors, such as 9/16", the
difference between the two construction types becomes vanishingly small
as you approach the 10% initial tension point, which for 9/16" is 3500 lbs.

-Steve K8LX