[TowerTalk] Tower buried section legs -- Buried in Concrete orBelow the Concrete?

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Fri Jan 29 14:44:43 EST 2016

I guess I am glad that my rebar cage, by my request shipped in advance
of the tower which hasn't  shipped yet, has no hollow structure.  It is
all rebar where it contacts the concrete with rectangular solid steel
pieces welded to thee three HD vertical rebar pieces which protrude
above the concrete foundation.  These steel pieces are welded to the
vertical rebar and have 6 mounting holes in each  to mate to the
triangular tower section used as a tilt fixture.

There just isn't any place in this rebar cage or tilt fixture design  to
store water that could freeze and cause mischief as in many other designs.

Gene, your quote is well taken and beyond that buying from a
manufacturer whose designs just are not susceptible to certain problems
is likewise a good caveat.

Awaiting a Tashjian (ex Tri-Ex) DX70 with two each 1 hp motors for power
up/down and tilt.

Patrick        NJ5G