[TowerTalk] Fair rite materials for choke baluns

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 6 09:15:49 EDT 2016

On 7/6/16 12:31 AM, Steve Hunt wrote:
> Note what I said about duty cycles!

I would think that most ham use is a low duty cycle operation (leaving
you EME and RTTY contesters aside): saturation (and magnetization) is
purely a peak level thing.  You could saturate a core in a single cycle
(or dit, or on a short voice peak), and you'd not see any appreciable
heating.

I wonder if anyone has ever had a core ruined by a lightning impulse?