[TowerTalk] Log Periodic Feed

James Wolf jbwolf at comcast.net
Fri Jul 8 15:27:03 EDT 2016

>> This is my current approach.  Unfortunately, there is not enough
>> clearance

>Your current approach is to drop the feedline down and run it parallel a
foot below the booms back to the mast and then down to ground?
>Is that right?  What is you don't like about doing that?

Rick,  yes.  Mechanically I'll need to figure out how to attach fiberglass
drop poles to the boom and coax that will last as the end of my tower
climbing days is in sight.

>Do not connect anything to the booms (except at the feedpoint at the front)
and do not run any conductors near them.

>> to run the coax through the boom to the back of the antenna due to the
way
>> the elements connect to the boom.   However, what if I were to
electrically

>No, I wouldn't recommend running the coax through a boom even if it were
mechanically possible.

Many military Logs are fed at the rear with the feed line either run through
one of the booms or turning one of the booms itself into a coaxial line to
the log-feedpoint in the front of the antenna.  My thought was that if I
could add another aluminum tube mechanically and electrically attached to
the bottom boom and run the coax through it, I could achieve a very
mechanical and electrically good antenna.

>Rick N6RK

Jim - KR9U