[TowerTalk] Log Periodic Feed

Jeff DePolo jd0 at broadsci.com
Fri Jul 8 15:50:38 EDT 2016

> Many military Logs are fed at the rear with the feed line
> either run through
> one of the booms or turning one of the booms itself into a
> coaxial line to
> the log-feedpoint in the front of the antenna.  My thought
> was that if I
> could add another aluminum tube mechanically and electrically
> attached to
> the bottom boom and run the coax through it, I could achieve a very
> mechanical and electrically good antenna.
> Jim - KR9U

If you're going to go that route, why not just bond the shield of the coax
to the lower boom at the rear and at a few intervals going forward to the
feedpoint?  If I were to attempt to do something like that, I'd probably use
a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" Heliax with the jacket stripped off for the length
of the boom, and some stainless P-clips or similar to provide the bond yet
keep the copper shield and aluminum boom from being in direct contact with
each other.

				--- Jeff WN3A

---