[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 163, Issue 93

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jul 22 20:18:07 EDT 2016

Yep. amps at contesting.com  Sign up at contesting.com

> Mine does not key from my FT 1000MP anymore. The trouble started recently.

Check that the DC control line between the MP and amp is still good (not
pulled out, broken, etc.).  With the amp in bypass, key the radio and
watch that the SWR indicates "normal" for the antenna that you're using.
Also, is there a menu or control setting in the MP that turns the amp
key line on and off?

I used to use MPs, but sold them in '08 to buy K3s, and I've never owned
an Alpha, so these ideas are pretty generic. :)

73, Jim K9YC