[TowerTalk] Fwd: Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Wed Jun 1 16:45:31 EDT 2016

It seems to me that Steve's, G3TXQ and Dan's, AC6LA diagrams coincide pretty well. You find the lowest frequency at about 1/4 wave and max frequency at about 1/2 above ground. What I don't understand is how the frequency start to decrease at the high increases before it reaches 1/4 wave above ground. In my simple mind the fx should start to increase as soon as the antenna "leaves round".

To me, and obviously I'm wrong, the capacitance to ground should affect the frequency with the result that the fx should increase when the ground capacitance decreases up to the point where speed of light start to have an effect.

Anybody with a "simple" explanation?

Hans - N2JFS

Just found one a plot I did a while ago:
http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/temp/dipole_vs_cobweb_tuning.png

Steve G3TXQ