[TowerTalk] Fwd: Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Wed Jun 1 17:06:59 EDT 2016

It's clearly not as simple as a "capacitance to ground" effect.

The cyclic nature of the resonant frequency vs height, plus the fact
that it is more pronounced over better-conducting ground, suggests to me
that is related to the "interference" effect outlined in the ARRL
Antenna Book in the section "The effects of Ground in the Reactive Near
Field".

Steve G3TXQ