[TowerTalk] homebrew rotator

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:07:39 EDT 2016

I remember visiting the radio shack of DX legend Dick Spencely's (KV4AA)
in the 70's and saw how he rotated his Mosley 20 meter Yagi with a
bicycle elongated chain drive that came into the shack and was driven by
a reversible motor.  He had a positional marker on the chain that gave
him his direction indicator.  It was 100% home brew but never failed.
The beam was on  a windmill tower with the mast coming all the way to
the ground with coupled water pipes and a bearing at ground level where
the main chain driven sprocket was located.