[TowerTalk] homebrew rotator

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Jun 1 18:50:08 EDT 2016

I had a Telrex rotator which was basically a reversible A/C motor connected
to a gear box by a chain. It used a selsyn for indicating direction. If I
were to build one I would use a DC motor and a more modern controller such
as the one made by Green Heron.  If you have some fabrication skills I think
that you can make a very heavy-duty rotator for a reasonably cost. Most ham
rotator are toys. Look though a Grainger catalog for motor and gear pricing.

John KK9A