[TowerTalk] Can I bury rotator cable?

Jeff DePolo jd0 at broadsci.com
Sat Jun 25 14:25:43 EDT 2016

> Why not use sprinkler system control cable?   It's cheap and
> it's made for direct burial.
> Two issues.  The "standard" that you can find in the box
> stores is only 7 conductor, but you can probably find cable
> with more conductors online.
> Tom, N2SR

I've used 10 conductor 18AWG sprinkler wire for Ham-IV and T2X, which is
readily available (Google says Home Depot even carries it).  With 10
conductors, you double up on two sets of wires for the two high-current
motor lines.  Two 18-gauge wires in parallel is about the same as 15 gauge.

					--- Jeff WN3A

---