[TowerTalk] Fwd: RG6 coax question

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 15:11:26 EST 2016

 You could get water in the cable if there is/are a crack/s or pinholes in the jacked, and that doesn't have to be big. A corroded screen will cause attenuation (and associated noise) and that will not show up with any simple isolation test. Test the cable with an SWR meter. You check what SWR you get with the other end open or shorted. Low SWR = cable attenuation. (That's how I test my cable installations) The MFJ 269 has a built-in calculator for that.

Hans - N2JFS